Friday 26 April 2013

nest building

Whenever we brush the dog we let the balls of hair fly loose and when I clean my hair brush I always throw the hair out of the window and this is why.


 Some people fill up a bird feeder with hair, but I prefer to put seed in ours so the hair just flies free until it gets caught in a hedge or on some wire somewhere. I knew the hair was being used as we find it in the nest boxes every autumn when we clean them out but it was great to see it actually being collected!



I first spotted this great tit collecting hair yesterday afternoon, but it came back again this morning too, these pics were taken through the kitchen window, I didn't want to risk going outside and disturbing it. I think I need to get a hide in my back yard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment