Friday 9 July 2010

Lavender Blue dilly dilly

I don't ever remember seeing my lavender looking so blue, it is absolutely stunning at the moment, I keep promising that I will make some lavender bottles with the flower stems, but I need to cut the stems in the morning and I never remember until later on in the day.

This bush is situated by my front door, there have been occasions when I have woken up early in the morning not able to get back to sleep, so I have opened the door and rubbed my hands over the stems, before going back to bed, it has such a soothing scent that it really does seem to help! I've certainly gone back to sleep every time.


I think you can almost imagine the of scent of the lavender when you look at this picture.


It is also attracting the butterflies too, although I am very sad to say there has been a noticeable lack of bees humming around it this year.


Meadow Brown Butterfly


Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly


We also had this Ringlet butterfly visit today


The lavender isn't the only plant with a profusion of flowers, this is our 'Rambling Rector' Rose This is the flower I look at ever day when sat at my computer, I think it is just gorgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment