Tuesday 16 March 2010

Busy Bee

Who needs daffodils to prove spring has arrived, when the sun is shining and the cold wind has dropped.

A spring garden wouldn't be complete without primroses would it? I have always loved seeing primroses, of course they are best seen in hedgerows, but I had to have some in my garden too.



our Rhubarb, we don't do anything special with this, it just keeps coming up year after year.



One of our first visiting bees, I lingered a bit longer than I would have done here, and watched as this bee flew in to collect pollen from these crocuses.



If you look carefully you can see the pollen collected by this bee in its sacs located on its hind legs




my Helibores are promising to burst into colour soon.



I was in two minds about posting this, my poor Bay, I've had it for years and never had to protect it over the winter months, in hind sight I think I should have done this year.


And lastly I've put this in as a bit of a teaser, I know what this is, do you?
There is a reason for me including it - all will be revealed in a few weeks hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. So much spring you have !!! Rhubarb !! here we still have snow, and I am so tired of that now !!!
    Thank you for nice comment / Gunnel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela!

    I am lovin' your garden photos! I wish I could grow Rhubarb! Love Rhubarb pie!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and writing such sweet comments!

    XO

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete