Sunday 7 February 2010

Farewell dear Bramley

My husband has been asking me to let him chop down my dear Bramley for about 3 years now. I have finally given in. If it is to happen I want it done before the leaves reappear, so today is the day. I had plans for my future grandchildren to have hours of fun playing in it, but that isn't going to happen now.




We planted it in totally the wrong spot, but if I want the garden sorted the tree has to go and we will replant another one later in a more suitable place, and as Grandchildren are still a long way off maybe there is still enough time for another tree to grow strong enough for them to play in.


These lichen covered branches didn't produce very healthy looking leaves last year although we did still have a reasonable amount of apples, 2 or 3 crumbles worth at least and we still have 3 or 4 jars of apple jelly left from a bumper crop about 4 years ago.

On a happier note, the birds have started singing again!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I understand how you can get attached to your beloved tree...and very smart to do this before the leaves show as it would have been much harder then. What a great idea to plant a new one soon.....it will grow and be another beautiful tree! :-)
    Cindy
    www.sweetbeadstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the sugared flowers, tee hee. I love lichen, I am always amazed by the colour and delicacy! Farewell Bramley, here's to garden plans anew!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete